For those who have no relation or experience to property business may have difficulties understanding some procedure of buying or selling properties. Thus, it is helpful to understand more about working with real estate agent. There lots of occasion when agent are offended by their clients because the cross the line. However, it is also understandable because not everyone is aware of real estate etiquette.
If you are going to hire real estate agent, it is better for you to know how to work with them so your business will go smoothly without clash or misunderstanding.
- Real estate agent work independently which means they do not work for public service. Don’t expect them to work for free. They usually work on commission. When they close the deal, they get paid.
- Real estate agents usually work for more than one client so they tend to be busy. Thus, make sure that you make appointment to be valuable and worth the time. Respect their schedule and don’t be rude by cancelling the appointment or reschedule it on your own. Inform them if you’re going to come late or cancel beforehand.
- It is important to choose the right agent and not the best one. It is necessary to have interview session if you choose to working with real estate agent. Make sure to choose agent who is capable in their job as well as comfortable to work with.
- Understand that agent has their own specialties. There are agents who work specifically for the seller and called as listing agent. If you are going to sell your properties, hire listing agent. If you are buying property, hire buying agent. There is also dual agent but most people choose to hire agent for specific task either to help selling or buying property because the possibility of conflicting interest is higher for hiring dual agent.
- If you hire real estate agent to buy property like house, it is better to ask for their escort when it comes to attending open house. It is highly recommended that you let your agent do the job of asking important questions to the seller or their representative. You agent know what to ask and not to ask so you will be on the benefited side.
- Make sure that you understand the contract before you sign it. Ask your agent about everything you need to know such as contract releasing rules, etc. By signing a contract with your agent, you both have your goals to be respected.
- It is recommended to ask for agency disclosure if you are a buyer. Then, always inform your agent about everything you need or how you want them to communicate with you. Don’t hesitate to express your displeasure if you experience it.
- Make sure that you hire real estate agent because you are ready. For example, don’t hire and sign up a contract with real estate agent if you are not ready to buy or sell property. That’s how working with real estate agent supposed to be.