If you are going to rent a house either for residency or business, you will go through the open house process. In property open house, it is better if you are escorted by a property so you wander around aimlessly. You need to hire property agent who represent the buyer or renter since you are going to rent not sell. Choosing a house to rent is challenging because you need to meet your personal needs above everything else.
Even your agent need to make sure that the house you are going to rent is what you are really searching for. You don’t have to go too far with the inspection. You just need to pay attention on your simple checklist.
Things to pay attention to when attending property open house
Even though you are escorted by your property broker or agent, you still need to know what to do with yourself. You need to know what you really want since it’s you who are going to use the house. It is recommended that you do your own inspection during the open house. Here are what you need to consider when you attend the open house along with your property agent:
- Make sure that the safety of the house is well protected. You have to inspect the security system of the house. You can check important point such as window locks, deadlocks, as well as other security features. This feature impact directly to the deal you are going to agree later if you are positive to rent the house. Either the impact is positive or negative it depends on the security level of the house and your standard.
- You need to pay attention on the space when attending property open house. Think of whether or not the house will fit in your storage. You need to make sure that your things from previous house will safely fit in the house. Make sure that the space will bring you comfort when you decide to move in.
- Make sure that the house is clean. Choosing clean house will impact your health and your family’s. If you find any junks then you need to reconsider renting the house. If the mess is fixable then you ask the owner if it can be fixed before you decide to rent the house and move in.
- Check the ventilation system. For the sake of your healthy and comfortable living, it is important to inspect. Proper ventilation system results in better air circulation in the house. If there is problem with the ventilation system then you can ask directly the owner and find the solution.
- Not only the interior of the house should you inspect but also the exterior. Make sure that you are satisfied with the exterior as well as you are with the interior. Ask the owner if you can adjust the exterior to your liking. Check the car parking area to see if its security system is well protected. That’s how you do when attending property open house.